Surely there is a threat response program that has worked on scenarios much like the campus shooter. Maybe some with the appropriate militry, law enforcement, or security background will share that with us here. If not, we can perform our own thought experiments as well as internet research, and share those results here. So, though I am without any expertise in response to armed intruders, let me try a little.

Preparation is a major theme here. What could we prepare?

Our attitude, I think we know in emergencies we should not just give up and become victims. Even if shot, you can intend to survive.

Our habit of situational awareness: where are the traditional and non-traditional exit possibilities from the immediate room, building, campus, perhaps there is a waterway offering concealment and egress, etcetera?

Our habit of learning where there are resources: where is the campus security building, the campus nurse or hospital, the thickest plant life in which to hide, water sources, ?

What do we have in our EDC and otherwise that could help: cellphone to report and receive situation reports, request aid; a PFAK to help ourselves or others survive woounds; a mirror surface to signal authorities and to look carefully around corners and obstacles before further exposing ourselves; something to consume for energy; etcetera.

Okay, maybe all pretty basic and maybe even naive. But that is my start, please add to the sophistication if you can. I am going to do some internet searching.