The hardest part is body language. I say that as someone who has been told point blank that I have scary body language, even when I'm laughing.

Most of us, to use Star Trek terminology *chuckles*, are probably on Yellow Alert. Heads up, eyes moving. We have a should bag or a small pack with us to clear our hands most of the time, or we carry light enough to keep it all in our pockets. We move briskly, with a purpose, even when we are "dawdling", but lightly- our feet don't go clump-clump-clump.

At least, that's what I've gotten from the preppers I know face to face. We don't move like we were military (unless we were), but we don't move like most people. We don't have our heads down, we don't shuffle or slump or hunch our shoulders.

And the "tactical" packs- I agree, to a degree. Black backpacks and laptop cases are pretty common. Don't hang a lot of stuff of it, and you should be good so long as it isn't OD or camo. I actually spot grey, kahki and darker, non camo greens faster than I do a black bag, but I could be use to looking for the "grey man".

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.