I cannot answer as eloquently as some, but I will try to give my view.

Truth is everywhere. Truth is in all that we experience. The problem is how do see (perceive, discern) what it is? It is through both the processes of science and the vitality of one's personal belief system. I truly believe they need to be used without mutual exclusion. With all that said, remember that we all filter things differently. Hence, the beauty of the human condition.

Now, what do we do with the kids? Teach them to respectfully question and investigate things. I agree with the poster who says their young children trust him with truth. As they grow older is when we teach them to investigate.

This is interesting because of the conversation I had with my daughter as when I dropped her off for her freshman year in college. As a warning this has to do with religious beliefs (truths). I told her that she now has to decide whether of not to continue in the tradition she was raised in or to go another way. I encouraged her to make her faith her own. She cannot live mine because it is, well; mine. I asked her to talk with me about any other experiences she had. This was just so I could see how she was investigating and processing the experiences. I wanted to ensure the lines of communication stayed open.

All of that to say this: Regardless of the truths being sought, it requires a willingness to be open to new and different ideas. Along the way the truths we encounter will challenge or confirm what we already hold to be true.

I am not sure if this advanced the conversation at all, but I feel better for having contributed. And that is the truth.