My husband and I were the ones who found Ruby on Friday. We stopped for lunch at a parking area for hunters about mile 15. We DID see where she came from. She came downhill and sat near the fence and cattle guard growling at us, whining and pacing (we had our mini dachsund with us), she was obviously scared. My husband was concerned it could be a wild dog or even ill, but I persisted that it was probably Todd's dog. If, not, she was close to a dead ringer for the dog. (We later asked several hunters we saw in the area to confirm we weren't taking someone else's dog.) We tried unsuccessfully to get her to come to us, most likely because our dog was barking. My cell phone had coverage, but a low battery. I called the manager at the Best Western because the number was in my phone, and asked her the name of Todd's dog. I had seen the posters, but didn't remember her name. Another truck pulled in about that time and the people in it were taking pictures. When I called to Ruby, their dog jumped out of their truck and frightened her. We got to talking with them and we all agreed it could be Ruby. They had dog food, water and dishes and when we put them down and called her again, she came bounding, tail between her legs, but happy. We petted her and asked her "Where's Todd?" She became very excited and danced all around, jumping up to my shoulders and licking my face. It was rather emotional. We called out many times for Todd, and later my husband and I explored the area a bit more, but to no avail. We were not equipped for a detailed search. Since we were on ATVs, the other couple offered to take her down to Riggins. I called back to the hotel and they got the sheriff to meet them when they arrived. We left our names and information when we arrived, but the deputy never came to speak to us. I have videos when we first saw her and I took pictures to show where we found her also. Granted, it was just on the road, but my husband did see her coming down near the fence, so she may have been up the hill a ways. He has bad knees and although he said his first instinct would be to go down to a river where someone would find him, he said with bad knees, going up hurts less. I later inquired if there was an emergency phone at the lookout, but no one seemed to know. We found her just a few miles southeast of the lookout, but that is steep country around it. I have a bad knee also and didn't have the energy to climb to it that day. We used to have a dog who would hunt 4 to 5 miles out from us and always return, so we are/were hopeful for Todd. In searching on Google Earth, it appeared there is a small pond just up from where we found the dog. That makes sense since she didn't seem dehydrated, just hungry although she drank too. We have just been praying for a good outcome for this search and will continue to do so. I am also trying to find out how to get the pictures and video to his wife and brother if they want them.