Originally Posted By: MostlyHarmless
I'm a bit uncertain if I like this patent or not. It sure works GREAT for small diameter stuff, but moving up to say 4" the triangular handle will hit the log when you're halfway through. This limits the length of the cut: You cannot use long strokes anymore, just short strokes with the middle part of the blade.

I keep a 15" Sven Saw 9triangular frame) in my Jeep at all times. Just about a month ago I used it to saw a 10" diameter log into campfire-size lengths. It took me less than ten minutes per section. Yes, as you start getting into the center of thicker wood, stroke length does become a problem. However, just roll the log 180 degrees and cut from the other side, then roll 90 degrees and cut again, one more 180 degree turn and you can quickly finish the job.

But if it were a survival situation and I couldn't roll a log due to injury, I'd still be happy enough cutting through 4" or 6" logs.