Stitching looks really good, but honestly, listen to Pete.

I've had stitches several times. The bleeding had pretty much stopped in most of those. The stitches are mostly to help you heal faster and with fewer long term complications (which includes reopening). I can not think of a situation were I would require stitches where most of us would be functional enough long enough for it to matter.

I'm not a fan of tourniquets, and I like t-quits more than I like stitches. The only things I can think of where I couldn't pack it with celox and gauze then secure with vet wrap and duct tape are massive abodominal injuries, internal injuries, or amputation. In the first, unless you can get evac'ed, you're dead. Internals... again, evac. Amputation, if you can't get it stopped with pressure, then you'll bleed out. All of this assumes shock doesn't get you.

Everything else, you either self evacuate, go into survival mode while your buddies get help, or you try to stay alive, get your signals out and hope that your contact person gets the cavalry rolling. If you want somethign for home/car, unless you are homesteading way back in the boonies, you aren't going to need to stitch. You need to control the bleeding and transport. Period.

If "home and car" also corrisponds with "there is no doctor for hours if not days" you are either very well off the beaten track (in which case, get training, and you'll learn where to look for suture kits- it isn't hard to find), in less than wonderful place to live, or we are talking TEOTWAWKI, in which case, I'd rather bleed out than die from blood poisoning honestly.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.