INSIGHT FROM MUDLY -

Its tough country down there, I lived at the Sheep Creek Cabin for 5 years from '87-'92. I thought I could make the hike from that cabin to McGaffee Cow Camp on a side canyon divide flat, down to their Bernard Creek Creek cabin on the River as a "Day Hike". I knew the terrain somewhat and had white tailed dogs to find the trail when I was lost in the dark. It took 2-1/2 days to make that loop.

It looks really short on a map, and much of the trail is invisible when flying directly overhead. I was able to find shelter and build warming fires in rock-shelters / overhangs. It's not that hard to be comfortable there, but...

My fear is that Todd may have taken a spill. A spill would limit ability to travel. Shock is a valuable survival response, avoiding pain from traumatic injury so to have other survival instincts or help, until it kills you. I know of several places to "hole-up" in the terrain he might be waiting. I only hope he was able to crawl across them as I found them.

(Those old rock shelters were habitation sites 11,000 YO and well hidden today.)
American Redoubt
N43.9668 W116.1888