The idea for me is that I'll have at least 3 fire starters. They will be attached to my person (e.g., jacket pocket, not an external pack). The fire starters will be in different pockets around my body. For those who have been snowboarding/skiing long enough, you know how anything inside a pocket can disappear magically if you merely open that pocket. So, I will NOT be keeping all the fire starters attached together in one pocket. The fire starters on my person should be reasonably small.

There are many good ideas here. For the sake of brevity, I'll focus on the negatives.

A Zippo generally works well, but it worries me. It leaks. In the high altitude, it will probably leak faster. Also, I don't understand the purpose of the one-handed trick for the situation at hand. I'll plan for everything on me to be wet. The trick would require rubbing rubbing the head unit on something wet. I would definitely want to avoid doing that. I don't see the point anyway if I can use my finger one handed.

Flares may be the nuclear bomb of starting fires, but the negatives may outweigh the positives. Size matters for the situation at hand. In the space of the flare, I can have at least 3 other fire starters plus tender instead of the flare. Keep in mind that I'll also be snowboarding and having fun. I'm NOT on a search-and-rescue mission, and NOT everything on me is dedicated for survival. Also, the flare is a one-time deal, too messy with the chemicals to keep with me after one light. That leads us to the problem of the chemicals leaking and getting all over my other gear. If I have an external pack, I can imagine packing a flare inside there, maybe.

As I recall, nobody has argued too much for waterproof matches. That's OK. My confidence in matches is so low that I don't even bother including matches in my regular survival kit.