Originally Posted By: ireckon
The flint is replaceable on these metal ones (by TAD or by Spark-Lite). However, I'm still uncomfortable paying $20 for a tiny sparker that has moving parts and all. I like to buy devices like this in pairs or more. Paying $40 for two sounds dumb. I'm looking for a bargain, like $10 per sparker.

Amazon has a great deal on the plastic Spark-Lite; a 2 pack is under $15 with free shipping. The cool thing is if you "subscribe" you get an additional discount- it ends up being just over $12 for two, still with free shipping! By subscribing you'll be sent an additional two pack ever so often at intervals you set (eg every month, or every three months). You can cancel you subscription at any time with no fees or obligation. Or, if you run out before the next batch is due to ship you can have them send an extra, still at the reduced price. I think this is a great option for stuff that gets used all the time. I subscribed to the Ritter/AMK PSP, too. grin

The regular plastic Spark-Lite works very well. I haven't carried it enough to say how long it would last but I suspect it's fairly durable. If you carry it inside of a hard case it should last indefinitely. At any rate I think it'd be at least as sturdy as a disposable lighter. When I get my first pair of 'em I'll stick one in my Altoids fire kit.