This thread has prompted me to post something that's been on my mind for a while: I think Doug should consider changing the content and format of the equipped.org site completely.

There's no doubt that the core content regarding survival priorities, mindset, attitude, planning etc. are timeless and always applicable. But the pages on gear & equipment are getting quite out of date. When I first stumbled across ETS years ago those pages were current and usable. But today they are really not of use.

I think Doug should consider rearranging the site with the following key focus points:

- the forums (which can also handle the latest whiz-bang topics that are important for a week or 6 months but then not so much)
- Doug's essays & articles on the survival topics that are timeless and not tied to technology
- real-life accounts of ditchings and other survival stories
- selective ETS reviews of survival-specific emerging technology (like PLBs and the SPOT)

I am not saying Doug is a failure or has done anything wrong. I just think that since he is so busy these days, and the technology changes so fast, that he should streamline the site to focus on these core things.