I have never hunted, but I do lots and lots of target shooting. If that deer was just standing there at 65 yards, presenting that big old broadside target like it is, any practiced shooter should be able to take it down using iron sights. A hunter would know WHERE to shoot the deer for best results, but a target shooter could easily hit the mark if told where that mark is. Personally, I don't know where you should aim on a deer to kill it quickly - so I'd be handicapped from the get-go. I suppose you could just shrug and say "Whatever, I'll shoot it in the head". That would probably work.

However, I wouldn't do it with a .22lr or .22wrm or even .223. Those are a bit underpowered (varmit calibers). I supposed in a true survival situation you'd try with whatever you had, but I wouldn't consider a .223 to be a reasonable caliber for medium sized game, much less a .22. Doesn't mean that you couldn't take a deer with one of these smaller calibers, just that you probably shouldn't IMHO, unless you life depended on it.

But were this me, I'd be going after smaller stuff with my handy slingshot. Squirrels and birds and such are easy to get with a slingshot, and would keep you alive.