Moras are good knives for the money. I've got several around the house.

Pros: cheap, easy to sharpen (wide bevel), cut well
Cons: take a long time to sharpen (wide bevel), cheap steel

They cut well due to their geometry, although the primary grind is thicker than I like. The blade is thin, but the saber grind is pretty thick, limiting cutting efficiency. It does the job, though, and protects the edge from damage when cutting wood, which seems to be one of the primary design considerations.

I prefer a full flat grind with a thin edge bevel and a microbevel. It tends to cut much better than the Mora's saber grind, but also needs a strong steel to be able to support the edge, such as O1, A2, D2, 52100, etc. Hardness has a lot to do with the strength as well. Some of the Queens in D2 such as the 4180 Hunter and their slip joints can really shine with the above treatment.

I like Moras for garden and yard work mostly. They are great for hanging on a backpack for a hike, they are really light and plenty for most needs. They work, but I don't consider them the be-all end-all like so many others do. Given the choice for survival, I'd prefer a SAK, but that's probably a topic for a different thread.