Day to day, you'll mostly find a MagLED AA or a Chinese Cree "Lightmate" from Cotsco (2 for $15) on my belt. They're adequate for most things, and if I lose one in the tall grass it's not a big deal.

I have a Fenix L1T for "dress" occasions where I don't want a big, bulky 2AA light. It's okay, and I have the 2AA body for it also. But I have to confess that my experience with Fenix lights has been very mixed -- roughly a 50% failure/weird stuff rate. And I don't abuse my gear. So the L1T and L2D will be my last Fenix purchases.

I have several Streamlight LED lights that have proven to be very tough indeed. Not the brightest or fanciest, but when I hit the switch there's always light. That counts. I'm starting to reserve them for more critical moments.

The lights that have caught my eye recently are the 4sevens AA lights. I think I will have a couple of these very soon (1-AA and 2-AA).

But for serious work in dark places, my fleet of Princeton Tec headlamps have been just great. I have a Yukon XL (all LED), a Fuel which is being tested for my car/camp kit, and an Apex. The Apex is so bright that you almost forget there is no other light source; last winter I chainsawed up a bunch of dry logs with just the Apex, in otherwise pitch black darkness, and felt entirely comfortable with the 'situational awareness' it provided.