Or they hit it such a way that the shoulder hit the roll cage at the windsheild and pivoted. The fact that there is a moose head and a hatchet in the driver's seat kinda worries me that this is one where they didn't need to call for a medivac by air.

I've seen cars that tangles with moose, and the car always loses. (Including pictures of one Volvo that looked awfully cute to a bull in rut- I'd hate to have to explain THAT to my insurance agent.) Smaller pickups and SUVs lose. Full sized pickups lose to. In fact, everything smaller than long haul rig or a freight train loses.

Remember folks- moose are stupid, mostly blind, and too tall see on the road. And a bull in rut is one of the scariest animals I can think of in North America short of a polar bear. I've also seen a small building a bull during rutting season, destroyed. There were both hoof and antler hits on the wood. I guess he thought it was another male.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.