Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
I thought this thread was about a knife and not another "let's bash Bear" thread that has been discussed ad nauseam here in this fine forum several times and many other lesser forums as well.

In the interests of full disclosure, I have never seen the TV show and main character, thusly it would be inappropriate for me to comment or pass judgement one way or the other on the man or show.

Can we talk about a knife or knives for survival purposes...I believe that is why most here frequent this forum.

Well to be fair his signature is on the blade and his ititials are emblazoned in orange block letters on the handle! grin He & Gerber are capitalizing on his fame/notoriety to move the product, so that same fame and notoriety are bound to be called into question. For my own part I've only seen a few clips of his, and while he seems like a clown it's not skin off my nose.

I haven't used the knife but I have zero use for serrations, especially in the section of the knife I'd be using to whittle or baton.