Originally Posted By: sotto
IMHO, there are pepper sprays, and then there are PEPPER SPRAYS. I had the misfortune of getting a little teeny bit of the stuff on my hands one time in the course of changing out the canister on my ASP Key Defender. I had screwed the end cap on slightly askew and accidentally released a small amount of spray onto my left hand. I wiped off what I could and replaced the canister with a completely fresh one. Sometime later I had occasion to rub my left eye. Holy MOG, I was immediately extremely sorry I had done this. In the course of trying to undo what I'd done over the bathroom sink, I discovered that the oily capseicin (sp?) material spreads worse than an oil slick. It made it's way onto the faucets and sink basin (much to the dismay of my wife who ran some water in the basin later and washed her face), and onto the towel I dried off with (again much to the dismay of my wife who tried to use the towel to remove the burning water from her face and eyes). All I can tell you is, if I try to bite you and you spray me with ASP PEPPER SPRAY, I'm gonna change my mind about biting you immediately.

haha, an instructor was recounting an interesting story about how a lot of his students from a particular class were having a hard time decontaminating and were being diagnosed with corneal abrasions after taking his class...he couldn't figure it out. they were being sprayed, deconing in a large above-ground pool and then standing in front of an industrial fan. turns out the OC was forming a nice 'slick' on top of the water, so everytime they dunked, they got a new layer of it on their skin...the eye issues were from the dust in the air hitting their eyes over and over...hah.

OC isn't bad...it's the shower you take that night. as hard as you try, you can't get it all off - you think it's gone, but it's not...it's hibernating. when you get home, and hop in the shower, all of the residue left in your hairline goes right down the front; eyes, chest, stomach....yeaaaaaa.

as far as accidental exposure; well, i had an old can i used to carry in my jeans pockets...i'm pretty rambunctious at times, so it had developed a few dents, but nothing noteworthy or requiring disposal...well, jeans (as we all know) are good for multiple uses between washing...one day (day 7 without a wash!) i decided to go commando. i was in Fells Point in Baltimore and i did one of those 'scratch oneself through the pocket' moves...maybe 30 seconds later, i realized the seemingly apocolyptic error of my ways as certain nether-regions were burning like all get out. unfortunately, the only public bathroom in Fells Point happened to be at the Subway 3 blocks away...fortunately, this public bathroom has a sink that can support the weight and flailings of a 25 year old man - as i was straddling the sink, half naked, trying to reconcile myself to the fact that i will probably never be able to bear children.