Originally Posted By: Leigh_Ratcliffe
Originally Posted By: BorkBorkBork
Sorry, but I would never buy anything even remotely connected to Bear Grylls.

To those who thinks he is X-special forces is way off mark. He was in the territorial army 21:st SAS, but that is not the S.A.S, Special Forces proper, which is the 22:nd.

For your information: "At the end of the war the British Government saw no further need for the force and disbanded it on 8 October 1945.[2] However, the following year it was decided there was a need for a long term deep penetration commando unit, and a new SAS regiment was to be raised as part of the Territorial Army.[22] Ultimately, the Artists Rifles, raised in 1860 and headquartered at Dukes Road, Euston, took on the SAS mantle as 21st SAS Regiment (V) on 1 January 1947"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_air_service

If you bother to read the article through you will note that the selection process for 21 SAS is the same as for 22 SAS.

You might not like Bear, which is fine and your privilege, but he passed selection.

I don't want to join in on the pi..ing contest on who knows most about the selection and so on, but (according to the wiki you linked to) "The Territorial Army Special Air Service (reserve) Regiments undergo the same selection process, but as a part-time programme over a longer period:"

Which is not the same thing as doing it in a single stretch, any sane person knows that. And to quote Chris Ryan "-he hasn't served in the same S.A.S as I have."

And then you go on to say that he (Grylls) passed selection, according to whom?

I suggest that you read some proper literature on the topic.
I can recommend, for starters, Ghost Force, The secret history of the SAS, by Ken Connor. 1998.
I will end here.