Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr
Originally Posted By: sotto

This is comforting to me, also. I still have teeth marks on my arm from a bite by a neighbor lady's large brittany spaniel more than 35 years ago. She was walking the dog down the street, and he was cheerily carrying a stick in his mouth like he wanted to play fetch. We stopped to have a friendly word with this lady, and without warning the dog dropped the stick, and lunged toward my face. I threw up my left arm, and he bit through my shirt into my left bicep. For his trouble, he spent several days penned up so the county health department could see if he had rabies. During this time, he was presumably well fed and watered. I spent most of the next week in pain, but my wife also made sure I was well-fed and watered.

Reminds me of a situation I heard about.

A man was walking down the sidewalk and saw another man and a large dog approaching. He stopped and greeted the man and said "does your dog bite?" The other guy says "No". The first guy reaches to pet the dog and was immediatley bitten. He says "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite" The seocnd man says "That's not my dog".

Peter Sellers and the hotel clerk in one of the Pink Panther movies. I love those movies. "Zat eez NOT my dawg!" ha ha