The Houdini Tool was discussed on the forum about 8 months ago so I bought one to put on my key-ring that I clip to my work belt, I figured it could replace my Fox 40 whistle, and be more multi-functional.

The Houdini looked OK with the same features/limits that other people have noted.

The first day I used the tool this happened (quote from previous post),

"I received my Houdini Automotive Rescue Tool and it appeared really functional, but the connection was kind of flimsy looking.

I clipped it onto my key ring which then clipped to my belt. It made it all the way to my office, then the first time I sat down the bottom of the tool pushed against my thigh and the plastic connection piece broke off. I managed to snap it back together but it was not very secure, an hour later the connector clip was in 2 pieces. Not Good!

I like the multi-purpose concept of the tool (window punch, seatbelt cutter, whistle, LED Light) and I will return it for a replacement, but they need to improve the attachment method.

I contacted the online retailer where I bought the Houdini Tool ( Warriors and Wonders ) and they gave me a full price store credit "sight-unseen", excellent Customer Service and a nice guy! Now what should I buy with a credit at a knife store?"

I later spent the store credit on a big, beater of a bush knife, I have always wanted one, the store credit just made it easier to buy.

Mike