Now THAT'S the acerbic Sue we've come to know and love. You've been so silky nice recently that I was getting paranoid and looking over my shoulder. grin

Back on topic:
While it's true that green wood doesn't burn well, it can be burned in a hot fire if it's split very fine. But because of the moisture, a lot of the heat will go out the chimney as steam. And that cooling action leads to very rapid deposits of creosote. A chimney fire is pretty much a disaster, so if you're burning green wood, you need to run a brush or bundle of evergreen branches (pioneer trick) up the flue once a week or so.

Green wood has a lot more heat value if it's even half-cured. When I prune green branches in spring and leave them in a pile in the sun, I can burn them passably well in 2-3 weeks.

If I was stuck with a lot of green wood and an oncoming winter, I'd probably build a sort of enclosed outdoor dryer with a small, hot fire slowly pulling the moisture out of finely split green wood. If it had maximum sun exposure, all the better. Neither ideal nor efficient, but if there's no other option I believe it would work.