Originally Posted By: Eugene
I thought by the time features come down to low end Chevy's they are on everything. My wife's 2001 has laminated side windows.

Unsuccessful locating database with side-window info on all vehicles. You'd think Insurance Institute for Highway Safety or National Highway Traffic Safety Administration would have.

Many articles to suggest still not a standard. One such from 2007 Market Trends in the Automotive Glazing Industry says in part, ""In North America, roughly 5-8% of all vehicles sold in the North American market have laminated front side glass. When you look at SUVs, I believe the total is in the 8-9% range which comes with laminated side glass - it is not an option but vehicles are sold with it as standard fitment. Now that the Dodge Ram pick-up truck features [laminated side glass as standard], that by itself means some 15% of the pick-up trucks sold in North America have laminated front side glass."

This from early-2010 suggests standards/requirements still being hammered out in proposed Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 226.