I've been trying to shed some weight by talking walks around my neighborhood, and about half the houses have dogs in them. The vast majority are either sociable, well contained, or too small to do more than slight damage to my ankles. There are a few houses that put multiple large aggressive dogs (e.g. Dobermans, Rottweilers, and German Sheppards) in the front yards with fences that barely clear my waist. These wouldn't be too bad if they didn't go ape**** every time I got within 50 yards of their property on the other side of the street.

I don't trust whatever training or batteries the owner puts in their dogs' collars, and I'm looking for an effective countermeasure for when Killer realizes there's nothing keeping him from me.

This is a built up suburban area in SoCal, so guns, baseball bats, boar spears, etc. are all off limits. I'm looking at a can of Halt dog repellant (1.5 oz) or a walking stick like this one

I'm looking for feedback on these ideas, or any other ideas subject to being able to fit it in the pocket of my khakis.

Edited by Mark_R (08/13/10 06:21 PM)