Originally Posted By: wolfepack

BTW. The pair of hiking boots I have been using with my GHB weigh in at 2lbs 1oz. I selected this particular boot simply because it was relatively cheap and seemed to fit. As a GHB boot, it is basically for one time use as it will be stored permanently at the office. (though, as somebody else pointed out, wearing it every once in a while will help keep both my feet and the boot fitted better).

2lbs 1oz is light for a pair of boots. When you mentioned earlier you had heavy boots, the thought came to mind of boots in the upper 3 to 4 lb range.

Everyone has different ideas what they consider the most appropriate kit and footwear. However in all reality, when and if the time comes, the best kit and footwear may possibly be what you have with you on that day and it may not always be what you want it to be, but it should help you to get home safely...and in reality, thats all that matters.

John Lubbock