Originally Posted By: rebwa
Wolfepack,

Your get home bag is well thought out but have you thought out carefully what you actually always carry on your person if you were either trapped in the building or couldn’t get back to where you keep your bag when making your exit? I could see where a whistle, small light with signaling capabilities, bandanna, knife, multi-tool, light or headlamp, small pocket able FAK and even a heat sheet could be very useful if trapped in a building or a person had to escape without the larger pack. And your cell phone which may or may not work--probably wouldn't but miracles do happen. If you had to escape without the larger pack everything that’s in a well thought out PSK and other items always on your person could be a real lifesaver. Not trying to change the topic of your thread and without knowing the layout and routine of your workplace and the chances of being able to access the pack. Just another aspect to consider.

This is probably a discussion that deserves its own thread, but you make a good point. I'm pretty much basing everything on being able to get to my GHB. While in transit to/from work I have a basic survival stuff in my pack (water, knife, flashlight, matches, etc.). However, once I am at the office my backpack stays at my desk. On my keychain I have both a knife and a light (along with four keys, a car remote, an alarm remote, and a wrist lanyard). Your list of PSK items sounds like a small fanny-pack of stuff. How do people carry that much stuff on a daily basis in an office environment? Sounds like people either have bulging pockets, small fanny packs, or heavily loaded belts. Not sure if I am willing to go that route. The dress code at my office is typically jeans and a t-shirt. Personally I wear Ex-Officio Amphi's and a polo shirt. The Ex-Officio's have some cargo room, but not sure I ready to have my pants bulging in all directions. Might give people the wrong idea. grin