Consider the trash bags as a trade-off for the shampoo. I've used them as a ground cloth, poncho, tarp, waterproof cover for things to stay dry, and someplace to put wet things. I've even used them as waders crossing a stream. You could use it for a rain catcher, solar water still, gaiters, or waterproof socks. You're only limited to the materials at hand and your imagination.

As far as the aspirin goes it is for emergency use only at the onset of symptoms. My pain relievers of choice are ibuprofen and naproxen. I take naproxen before I do something that I haven't done in a long time. It reduces down time for me. Ibuprofen for general aches and pains. Acetaminophen doesn't do anything for me.

Ask your doctor if he thinks an aspirin regimen is appropriate for you. This goes along with any other medications that you may need.

With inflation I think it is down to $0.002 now.

Originally Posted By: wolfepack
Had not considered the leakage factor on the shampoo. Have been reconsidering the whole personal hygiene kit, but just using bar soap would be an obvious choice.

Hadn't thought about swim goggles. I added some work goggles to my "use and leave at the office" equipment, but hadn't really thought about uses outside the office. I like the swim goggles better than the work goggles. Less space, less weight, better fit. Maybe more likely to fog up, but maybe not.

You'd go for four of the large (50 gal) garbage bags? I know they have a multitude of uses, but they are heavy. At least the ones I have. My two 50 gal, two 30 gal, 6 zip ties and few wire-ties weigh in at a pound already. Did you have other uses in mind?

I also had not thought about pure aspirin as a heart-attack preventer. Would you just use if you felt you having a heart-attack or take a tablet every four hours as a preventative? I had planned on taking some ibuprofen before I started out to help with muscle soreness. Wonder if aspirin would accomplish the same thing and serve a dual-purpose in helping the heart. Ibuprofen and Tylenol are the only things I have tried for preventive muscle pain. Maybe I'll give aspirin a try next time and see if it seems to work as well.

Glad to hear you will have access to your car. That gives you a lot of options. Thanks for $.02 worth. (Hmmm. Wonder with inflation, how long it will be $20 worth.)