Originally Posted By: acropolis5
Wolfepack, you've got a pretty good and comprehensive plan. Here's my 2 cents: Some real-life first-aid training or at least read a good mannual and watch the Tactical Medical Solutions vids on U-Tube. More bandaging material, especially 2 "Izzy" battle dressings. A small survival/first-aid mannual. A good all-purpose sheath knife. My favorite for a GHB is the Gerber LMF II. A Katadyn water purifier bottle and a Ti cup fitted on. Even better would be a General Ecology XL pump water purifier. A couple of water filled, wide mouth Nagalene bottles. Not just pepper spray, but a medium sized can of bear repellant pepper spray in a nylon belt holster. As to a walking stick, I suggest an oak Canemasters crook neck cane, fitted with a convertible rubber/metal point tip (available from Leigh Valley or Treeline) along with a basic video on its use. Canemasters will install the tip, for a fee, if you send it to them with your order. Finally, as to cash, is it $200 or more? I'm not sure I understood your post. $1000, broken up would be best. P.S. Forget swimming! In case you ignore this advice, add 2 airline type inflatable vests. One for you and one for your pack. Best of luck.

Agree on additional medical supplies and training. My two first-aid kits (one to use/leave at the office, one to take with me) both come with first-aid manuals. My deck of survival cards, while sounding cheezy, has some good survival related info on them. A bigger first-aid book for the office is a good idea. Though at the rate the suggestions for first-aid supplies for the office are piling up, I might as well open my own trauma ward.

The walking stick is something I am still investigating. Will look at Canemaster you suggested.

As to cash, sorry if I was not clear. I have a total of $200 split into two $100 groups stored in different places in my GHB. My GHB is only intended to get me home. I have a bigger and better equipped BOB at home. $1000 in cash would be great, but I certainly can't afford to have that amount of cash just sitting idle at work for the next 10 years. Personally I think the chances of my GHB being stolen while it is stored at work are much higher than any emergency big enough that I would need the GHB. Just my own personal view though. Now if you happen to have an extra $1000 you could lend me, lets talk! smile