Originally Posted By: CANOEDOGS
add in the Americans who can't afford a simple canoe trip now that the fees have jumped to $20 a night.a ten day trip for my wife and i would be over $400 with the other fees and cost of passports.
what was a nice affordable outdoor vacation for us is now gone.deep pocket fly-in fisherman seem like the only ones welcome now.

I have not paid for camping or fees in National Parks for years. I agree it is very expensive. Even the Provincial Parks and many of the more popular Forest Recreation Sites are expensive. These fees range from 18.00 to 38.00 per night. That said, there are many FSR sites that are free....but depending where you are, they attract the people who have a tendency to drink and party all hours of the day.

Needless to say, all our camping is freely done on public use crown (government) land and there are millions of acres to choose that perfect campsite from...with no crowds and partiers.

John Lubbock