Thanks for the input!

For water, I have 30 gallons stored at all time thanks to Ozarka water delivery. I live near lake houston, I have a berkeley water filtration system, it filters most things out, I also have some iodine tablets as well. My game plan there is to add some more water collection devices such as some really large trash barrels to collect water.

I have a decent amount of dehydrated foods, I have also canned a good amount of food, meat, in addition to making some commercial purchases. I have also done some fermenting of pickles, and a variety of other foods. I am currently in the middle of dehydrating additional foods and placing them into vaccuum sealed bottles/bags.

I have done some gardening in years past, this fall I plan on putting in more of a garden. I do a lot of container gardening currently.

Good thoughts on the fire building, I got a solar stove for cooking, and possibly some water treatment as well. I have very little in terms of heat though. So this is an area where I am lacking.

Do folks plan for Katrina/Ike type of situations first, or more of security and safety in case of civil unrest?