Leigh Ratcliffe,

John McCann here. I'm a little surprised that you lose all respect for someone based on a statement made by a reporter.

Ist of all, Both my wife and I carry a SAK Farmer everyday of our life, and the most used item is the saw. We both also carry a plain blade 1 Hand Trekker in a spec-ops pouch on the shoulder straps of our packs. Of course, we both carry fixed blade knives, but we don't have a problem with SAK's.

During a course where a reporter for the NY Times was both, attending and reporting, we had a discussion where he asked why I didn't carry one of those large McGuiver type SAK's and I indicated they had too much junk on them, "Like a phillips screwdriver... I've never had to unscrew a tree" The statement was cavalier, I agree, but was taken out of context when the article was written.

I wish people would take what reporters say with a grain of salt, but they normally take it as gospel. You will think what you want, but I do like SAK's and carry them (you certainly cant beat their saws.

John

www.bepreparedtosurvive.com