That pretty much describes my current hiking setup except for a couple things.

Added
Trekking poles - I always have them
Camera - Personal preference, but I always carry mine
Webbing - If there's a chance of doing some cross country bush-wacking or off trail, I may carry some webbing and short length of rope and a carabiner.
At least 2-4 sources of light - If night hiking it's 2 headlamps and 2 flashlights, otherwise 2 headlamps is standard.

Deleted-
P38 an opener - I never carry one, because I don't carry any canned food and have never run into canned food out in the backcountry.
Two way radio - Don't normally carry them unless I'm going with other people who are carrying them. One exception is when canyoning.
Rain Gear - If the forecast doesn't show rain, I've been leaving this at home. I do have a homemade silnylon poncho/tarp/bivy that I may carry instead of dedicated rain gear and bivy. Of course this varies quite a bit, usually I err on the cautious side.
Pen and paper - Never used it, so I haven't carried it for a long time.

Other than that, everything else is just like mine. I've been trying to cut some weight off my normal hiking pack, so I'm slowly removing things that aren't absolute necessities, so on really familiar trails I sometimes go even lighter.

Originally Posted By: Hikin_Jim

Originally Posted By: Richlacal
Fishing kit should be a Top 1 Priority,there are lakes, streams, ponds thruout So.Cal.,Not to mention the Largest Pond, this side of the planet,Pacific Ocean!
Wow, that's great! Please tell me the specific hiking trails that you're talking about. I'd really like to hike there. In my hiking travels in the San Gabriel Mountains, San Bernardino Mtns, San Jacinto Mtns, etc. I encounter very few places where fishing is feasible in the backcountry. Of course there are fish available in tourist places like Big Bear Lake, but I generally like to get away from the crowds and roads.

HJ

I hike pretty much the same areas, and didn't think fishing was very feasible either. But I was wrong, there are a lot of fish up there, you just have to be looking for them. I've gone fly-fishing at East fork right past Heaton and at the base of Baldy, two high traffic places I would never would have thought would be very good for fishing, and have caught some fish. I have a friend that can catch 10 fish an hour in streams you can literally step across. In fact when he did a overnight "survival" hike up the East fork he actually caught a couple of fish with his survival kit contents.

However, I still don't carry any fishing gear. I probably should, but even with regular fishing gear, I'm still not any good at catching anything. Like anything else it's a learned skill, some people have it, I definitely don't.