Originally Posted By: Tarzan
I know it's kind of archaic, but having metal cooking utensils is, for me one of the most important considerations for my outdoor gear.

While not the cheapest solution out there, I’ve been very pleased with my Sigg Ka-bar folding outdoor cutlery set. While obviously heavier than a spork, it is still very lightweight and compact.

Originally Posted By: haertig
How do you use a knife by itself when eating (except when spreading butter)? I'm always holding what I'm cutting with a fork and then cutting it with the knife. If your knife and your fork are the same tool how are you going to cut your food with it?

That has always been the issue that has kept me from using a folding cutlery set in the past. Unlike a traditional all-in-one set, this set gives you the option of folding out one utensil at a time, or quickly separates into three individual utensils. Cleanup is also much faster and easier than a folder.

That said, I own half a dozen or more LMF sporks, and keep one in each of my different kits as backup. I’ve yet to melt or break one, as I try to keep their limitations in mind.

Jim