You've got two issues mixed here.

1) level of office preparedness

2) others using your tools

1) I would suggest that by taking the initiative to locate, price and suggest a basic office kit that won't break the bank for your small company you may get some points for initiative at-least. Do this in a helpful rather than resentful manner and it may be well received. Then follow up by stocking your personal FAK as needed and reasonable with a bit of extra. Keep track of what of yours gets consumed and ask to expense it just as you would a legal pad or mechanical pencil. Stay reasonable and helpful. Always help with a smile and a cheerful attitude. They may eventually recognize the need to re-imburse you for your supplies at which point you can offer to let it go if they will take on the collective duty to maintain an office FAK. (yes, I am suggesting that you invest - time, money, attitude - into your office community. I think it will pay off.)

2) Don't let others use your tools unsupervised and if you can do the work for them rather than loan the tool. They will recognize and appreciate your help and come to value and depend upon you. Best part of this approach is that they thank you for helping rather than raz you for having a Geek-Load of thingys. Oh yea, you get to protect your tools from bad handling since you are the one handling them.