Originally Posted By: jzmtl

That's actually a pretty cool knife. Is the blade deployable with the fork and spoon still attached? I assume that the blade is not a one hand opener.

OK, now to dork out a bit. smile I actually weighed some various types of cutlery on my wife's kitchen scale. In each case a spoon and fork were weighed (I typically rely on a CRKT folder for a knife).
Stainless Steel (flimsy) - 1.83 oz
Aircraft Alum (Sea to Sum) - 0.92 oz
Jet Boil plastic - 0.81 oz
Good ol' Lexan - 0.67 oz

Yeah the Sea to Summit aircraft aluminum spoon and fork are half the weight of stainless steel, but still the difference is only about 1 oz. Note however that I used some pretty cheap, flimsy stainless steel. More substantial SS would of course weigh more.

I generally would not recommend buying the Jetboil brand plastic fork and spoon because they're pretty expensive for what they are, but I got a set thrown in for free when I bought a Jetboil stove. I like them because they're telescoping. When extended, they can reach down to the bottom of my freeze dried meal or MRE. When collapsed, they fit inside my pot, pretty convenient.

Lastly, I threw in good ol' Lexan. I bought my set in 1987. Still going strong. They're light and cheap, but of course they're no where near as durable as metal. They're a heck of a lot better than a plastic fork and spoon that you'd buy at the grocery store though! Perfect for you hikers/campers that tend to lose things.

HJ