Originally Posted By: Tarzan
I cannot endorse LASIK surgery enough. I was so blind that I could not find my glasses without my glasses. In 1999 I had the procedure and I have been seeing well since then.
I am getting ready to go back in to get my presbyopia adjusted as I find life without glasses very preferable to life with them. In any kind of emergency, it could be more than slightly inconvenient.

I'm aware that LASIK can be a great option. A good buddy of mine had it done a few years before you did and is still very happy. That said, the procedure is coming under renewed scrutinay as some of those early patients have begun to have problems. And it's not cheap. Sure, it may be cheaper than a lifetime of glasses or contacts, but not all of us can pony up a lifetime's worth of eye care in one check. Most of all I'm just chicken$hit- my eyes are nearsighted but they're healthy. Will that change after I let a laser poke around?