I too ride the near sighted train. I wear contact lenses 99% of the time. I wear my glasses occasionally for a break and or late night, or itchy eyes.

I can't see well at all without corrective help (-4, -5.5).

I EDC a small case and some lube drops-this is for comfort and to ditch them in if i need my glasses (also EDC rx glasses and regular sun glasses.

My contingency plans though does host a true backup plan ( I scale this down when backpacking-due to weight only(but not by much)-but do pack it all when traveling)

small case-happens to be a freebie pelican

hosts:
-2 contact cases
-3 pair contacts (always current rx-i would go nuts with old RX ie headache)
-full size bottle of solution (this would not get a person over a month or 2 by rationing, but again we all hope it never comes to that-nor would i "survive" in contacts anyway-to high risk for infection esp. considering you probably wouldn't have access to medical care
-rx glasses (from edc bag)
-contacts lube drops
-use to have rx sun-currently just using clip on or , and don't' laugh-solar shields -the granny type-but hey they work if Truly needed sun protection and had to wear glasses-i consider the granny's to be emergency-ha ha!!
-one could always improv sun glasses-ie slit glasses, or even just rip some lenses out of sun glasses if your that desperate to see clearly w/sun protection
-quality sun glasses-oakley straight jacket at the moment
-small repair kit
-good head strap for any pair
-i really would like to have the spare pr glasses-i used to think rx sun, but in reality a cheapie regular pr with clip ons or fitovers would be better in the long run-i think I will get some new lenses in a newish extra pr of frames i have lying around here n toss them in the kit!!
-my rule of 3 will be contacts to glasses to back up glasses

-if and when I travel on water/snow (not that often mind you), i carry 2 pr sun glasses

One final thought-yeah I'd love to have backup after backup, but cost kills us all, and at some point, everytime you change RX the dollar signs flash. I guess true survival, would be some sorta of fit over sun shield and 3 pr glasses(rule of 3 again!!) and just skip silly contacts-again talking survival, not vanity in this case.