Quote:
-He who is willing to admit that the "Blackwater Look" and "Tacticool Look" does get the women's attention. Guilty as charged.

Repeated psychological testing has shown that attempts to appear 'tough', through clothing and oversize muscles, does not impress most women. It does have an effect, intimidation with associated resentment and blowback, on other males. The most common result of steroid pumped posturing and martial affectations on the ladies is laughter. The term 'overcompensation' tends to come up a lot.

As the joke goes, if you want to impress the ladies: pay their rent and wash their dishes. It also helps if you at least try to look like you're paying attention and are concerned with their feelings.

Remember that the ladies don't want your solution. They want you to feel their pain. But remember that feeling pain goes only one way. Not fair, but that is the way it is. Deal with it. Save the solution for your own pain.

Originally Posted By: roberttheiii
Does anyone go out of their way to have their bugout gear, etc, look more like camping stuff than military or police gear? Staying away from MOLLE stuff, BDUs, leg holsters, etc? Or is this an unfounded concern of mine?

I go out of my way to avoid the military/paramilitary look because it attracts attention and brings up associations and mental images that are unhelpful in most survival/preparedness situation. A military style jacket or pack, by itself, isn't much of an issue. But even there I avoid camouflage patterns.

Solid OD green, 'coyote brown', or medium gray are about as effective as camouflage without hammering home that your trying to blend. It end toward subdued colors and patterns. The one solid color I avoid is black.

The whole drop-leg look is ridiculous if your not on an assault team. Drop-leg holsters and bags have very few practical advantages if your not wearing body armor. Having everything on a vest or belt is another look I actively avoid.