Originally Posted By: Denis
Has anyone tried Benchmade's Houdini key-chain tool?

It has the whistle & light, but also the car extraction tools (seat belt cutter / window breaker). I was looking at these online a while ago for my wife, but ended up getting her a ResQMe and a Fenix E01 instead.

Is your wife going to carry around two spare LITHIUM CR1216 batteries? If not, I'd pass on this product. The battery WILL go bad.

With the Fenix E01, your wife can easily carry around one (or two) extra AAA batteries. Also, she's more likely to find AAA at a gas station or any other store.

Also, that multi-function of that tool for $20 makes me doubt that all the features work well. A window breaker, a seat belt cutter, a flashlight, and a whistle, you get all those things for just $20. Don't expect quality.

When you need those features, you REALLY need them. I'd much rather have a separate knife, separate flashlight and separate whistle that I know for certain just work. I can connect the separate items with a key ring if desired. I can keep them apart if desired. I can replace each separate item as desired.