So, there I was, walking out of the local big orange home improvement store with my brother. We are discussing important things, like the outrageous prices of LED replacement bulbs for home fixtures. We both notice a young lady about 15 yards away in our line of vision and walking direction. As I turn my head to further comment, he and she smile at each other as you do when you have incidental eye contact. She was walking around the back of her SUV. Just as I turn my head back forward, she falls backwards, straight as a board, no knee buckling. We run over, I do a quick look at her eyes, I look for breathing signs, and any trembling. As I am an epileptic these are things I look for. My brother says "That's a 911 call". Just as I begin to call, while still kneeling down, a doctor comes over and identifies himself as a doctor. He heard the sound of her head hitting the ground from a good 40 feet away, as did another customer. Anyway, the 911 operator answers in the traditional manner. I give my name, location, and a general description of what happened, and a few others I figured they would ask. I remained calm, spoke clearly and slowly, and answered all their additional questions. In the meantime a nurse happened to see what the hub-bub and assisted the doctor. The ambulance showed up about seven or eight minutes later. One of the EMTs recognized the girl as a "repeat offender (patient)". She apparently does not take care of her condition. We surmised she has other "medicines" she takes based on the tone of voice of the EMT and general appearance of the girl. Call it "Medical Profiling" if you must; but it seems to bear itself out in this case. All that to say this; it was interesting. BTW, this changes me over from an "Addict" to an "old Hand"

Edited by MoBOB (06/16/10 10:35 PM)