Are your concerns about carrying options based on fashion or preference? What I mean is if you wear a suit you can't really carry as much in your pants as you could if you were wearing cargo pants - that is a case of fashion limiting your carrying capacity. OTOH, if you really dislike the feel of a full cargo pocket hanging at the side of your thigh as you drive and don't want gnarly multi-tools hanging off your belt then it is more a matter of preference. I find that with my vest, jeans pockets and belt wear I can carry a whole lot of preparedness items. for example, as I sit here in my cubicle I have on my body the following

4X9 nylon water proof tarp, Emergency poncho, Space blanket, Balacava, lint brush / shoe horn, hair brush / signal mirror, large collapsing duffle - 12"X4"X6", eyeshades & ear plugs, small bottle of No-Doz, Asp saphire lite, double AA Mag lite, Extensible Magnet pick-up thingy, Match safe with compass, whistle, small tube of tylenol, spring-loaded center punch, extra AAA batteries and extra AA batteries, toothbrush, Pen, Mechanical Pencil, PDA, Small chess board, inspirational teachings of the Buddha, Bandanna, Leatherman Wave, Cell phone, Extra Cell phone battery, piezo - butane wind-proof lighter, mini-bic lighter, small sewing kit.

In my fanny pack - which I take off while sitting down, I have; a PSK patterned after Dougs complete with fishing kit, sewing kit, water purification tabs and paracord and all the rest, a FAK, a small monocular, Large baggie of GORP, Food bar (I think that it is a luna this month), Hank of accessory cord, Another space blanket, another emergency poncho, An CMG inifinity light with head strap stolen from a solitaire, mid-range SAK knockoff, Pen multi-tool, Adventure Medicals backpacker FAK hangs on the strap of the fanny pack with some extras added including another Double AA maglite and EMT shears and some airways and a CPR mask (I am EMT-B trained).

When I am in a suit (interview, customer visit etc) the fanny pack contents go into the brief-case and most of the vest carry goes into the suit jacket. The tarp, collapsable duffle, eyeshades and ear-plugs, Mag lite and a few other things get left behind but you may be amazed how much you can carry discreetly in a suit jacket when you get the hang of packing it so it drapes correctly. Also helps to have some extra pockets sewn into the inside. I find that the outside pockets of the jacket should never be used as they cause the drape of the jacket to be pulled out of shape quickly - they are decorations not pockets. The pockets sewn to the liner are for carrying stuff.