Originally Posted By: Glock-A-Roo
Hey guys, I remember in the past that nobody had come up with a retail source for the AMK Mini Rescue Flash Signal Mirror, the one that's only 2" x 1.5". <snip>

In the time since, has anyone found a retail source for this little unit? <snip>

I have not, and I don't see it offered as a separate product in the AMK online catalog here:
http://www.shopatron.com/home/search/453.0.1.1?q=mirror&x=0&y=0
You could try asking AMK directly at the email contact or phone number given on that web page.

Another possibility is to trim a regular AMK Rescue Flash 2"x3" mirror to the 2"x1.5" size. There are many drawbacks: labor, the risk of damaging/distorting/delaminating the mirror, and the mirror surface at the cut edges might be subject to corrosion (though you could apply sealant). If all went well, you'd have your 2"x1.5" mirror with mesh retroreflective aimer.

As mentioned above, there are other signal mirrors on the market that are smaller than the standard 2"x3" size, such as the BCB 2"x2" "Mayday" mirror mentioned above. Besides those mentioned above, the French and Swiss Air Forces use a 2"x2" glass mirror with a solid retroreflective aimer. While the French unit is small, and probably brighter than the plastic alternatives, it is thicker, heavier, thicker and more expensive than them. The only place I've seen the French mirror offered in the US is here, at $24 + S&H.
French 2"x2" signal mirror at Deutsche Optik