Forecast is mid 70s day, high 40s night, and the sleeping bag can handle that just fine. I know the ground is a heat sink from reading here, and that's the only concern I have.

I've camped before, many years ago, and even spent a week at a Yosemite walk-in in college, and am looking forward to trying sleeping outdoors again.

I've even been to this event before, just never overnighted it, and it's supposed to be an even better experience in the evenings.

Plan B is sleeping in my car if I can't get to sleep in the tent for some reason. I've done that before (voluntarily), and, while it's a bit cramped, it's acceptable.

Plan C is driving home. I can't imagine Plan B not being enough, but there's always that. I've made the drive in the dark before.

The event is the annual May War of the local chapter of the Society for Creative Anachronism. I'll let you all know how it goes, and post some pictures if anyone's interested. It may not be as "outdoorsy" as Blast or Aloha's trips, but it should be fun!