Many folks will instantly associate Boy Scouts with being experts in outdoor skills. I just noticed that the current BSA catalog offers a Survival kit (I don't know if it's new or I just didn't notice it before). I am disappointed that its basically a small metal pot with a folding stove, fuel tabs and foodstuffs. Even the Survival Merit Badge pamphlet stresses that food is a lower priority first aid, shelter, water & signaling! Talk about lake of continuity between the two functional areas (program and supplies division). Having moms and dads buy this product with the though that it will save junior's life is crazy! Here's what's in it:

Survival Kit
Contains folding wing stove, fuel tablets, tea bags, candy, sugar, poly water bag, energy drink, matches, aluminum foil, instant broth, and survival instructions. Waterproof can becomes cooking pot and/or drinking cup. Wt.: 6-oz. Kit: 3 1/2" x 2 1/2". WW01258 $12.25

Doug, I would like nothing more than to see your new personal survival kit product venture replace this Can O' Junk.