Hey Guys. Thanks for the support. I went 15 hours. Not the 24 I wanted but I am not upset about that. I have never had an IT band problem before, thus it become the perfect time to get one. My right knee was pretty miserable and painful the entire time. I ran well for most of it until the heat went over 100 degrees on a desert highway and it sapped a lot out of me.

I recovered fine but my knee tendon did not. I wore regular running shoes and in hindsite a sturdier trail shoe would have done better on the rough gravel, which I am sure did not help. In the preparedness mindset I just told myself these are the situations you can't control, imagine lives depending on you and keep going.

I told myself I would keep going until the IT band started to affect my walking. My med kit had a ACE wrap so I wrapped it tight and kept going. Around 3AM limping along, I finally sat down, the words, "This sucks" slipped out of my mouth and I knew that I just had to stop. This was for training and if I voice, "this sucks' then it stopped becoming fun.

I called a ride and picked up some IHOP take out on the way home. Other than my knee I was hydrated, eating well, digesting well, feet had no blisters but were sore. I felt like mentally I was alert and sane. But when it comes to training, there is no reason to cause long term injury like an IT problem can be.

It was good training. Ended up at 48 miles.