Pete,

Thanks for the comments. When I wrote "EDC", I mean that - urban or wilds all the same to me. My old version Huntsman is in my pocket all the time, period, unless I am in a mess dress uniform (sort of like a tuxedo) - very rarely; no more than 4 evenings a year at most now that I am retired.

There are at least two problems with a sparking rod integral with this knife. The screwdriver-corkscrew version you mentioned would be darned difficult to hold onto and offers a rather small area to scrape. Inserting one in a scale without significantly thickening the knife could be done. I would cement it to a 1/4 arc section of spring steel to hold things together in the event of a fracture and allow it to be used down to an otherwise unattainable thinness, but I'm still skeptical of being able to retain it in my grasp in use. (split a tube lengthwise into 4 sections; cement a ferrocerrioum rod into one of the sections and attach a plastic keeper/ handle to one end)

If it can be done, I'd like the sparking wheel. It's one handed (a plus). Not really complicated, although there is potential for a rustable component (the spring) unless a suitable rust resistant steel could be used for the spring.

If not feasible, your comment about adding a BSA hot spark is on target. I suggest it be tethered with a simple quick release. Here is what I EDC instead:

Nothing special about this combo - the connector came with the inexpensive small lockback knife and it works very well. Bulkier than some alternatives, but I already had it, so...

I don't NEED the scissors; I also EDC a Micra and usually have a WAVE on me. But thinking about this as the sole tool, I would really like to keep the scissors. I've used them a lot over the years - hehe - actually I'm using them x2 daily right now to cut tape and latex gauze for wound management (a little surgery on a foot recently). I suppose I've cut more moleskin for folks with these scissors than anything else, but they are functional in any event. As I said, I would be willing to give them up for the file I described.

Back to you, Pete...

Tom