Originally Posted By: roberttheiii
Tes - Also - I wouldn't consider what I've said to be "boasting." 6 miles in sixty minutes is about how fast some people would walk that distance, it is pretty slow.

Surely, by your standard, if I'm boasting so are you. Not too many people are out playing at 15,000 feet wink That said, I don't think you're boasting and I have no doubt you're a superior hiker/climber than I, the point of my post isn't to to aggravate people, I'm merely stating that I feel physical fitness is an often ignored factor in being properly equipped for bad situations and asking if others agree, apparently you don't.

I don't believe I boasted about anything by simply stating I have done high altitude climbing and seen and heard of people of whom many I considered friends that have met untimely deaths. This is not boasting, rather it is actually very heartbreaking to even write about it. You may want to search for the very first post I made on this forum as it would explain this.

Anyways, can we get this thread back on track? You brought up some very good points in your original post and I am interested in hearing other peoples responses.

In the meantime, we are running late to get for an afternoon hike...have to stay in shape you know smile Hopefully I will have a few good photos to post tonight.

John Lubbock