I’ve always raised my eyes when reading various recommendations for car kits and the lack of specifics in the way of clothing and footwear. Depending upon locale and the season, simply tossing in another pair of shoes may or may not be adequate. While clothing, especially technical, can be rolled into a stuff sack and doesn’t take much room, footwear presents more challenges in the way of packing and finding the room in a vehicle. While there isn’t an easy answer to packing and storing adequate footwear, I consider it important enough to both my survival and comfort that I always carry hiking boots and at least during fall, winter and spring carry knee high waterproof boots as well. I have a dedicated boot bag that either hangs in my SUV or rides in plastic gear box. Various smart-wool socks are also in the bag including a couple pair of the poly liner socks. I also carry a pair of crocs as they are so comfy to drive in and would be great if one had to use a public shower. I only carry footwear that I have actually used and tested as if you had to actually walk out comfort would have a whole new meaning!