Sounds good to me. It should serve you well in just about any situation.

Water storage isn't really a huge issue for me. Florida, once your away from the coast a bit, has loads of water. Much of it drinkable without treatment. Not that some sort of treatment isn't wise.

Around the home I store water in re-purposed bleach and vinegar jugs, mostly one gallon. For short term emergency storage I have both five gallon buckets and collapsible five and two-and-a-half gallon containers. The collapsible units are handy as they are light and store compactly unit needed. Which makes them handy if you need to carry or store them empty.

The two-and-a-half gallon models sound redundant but five gallons of water is better than forty pound and the smaller units are handier for humping out over any distance. Or where smaller or weaker individuals are required to haul them.

Given unlimited funds and a requirement for the stored water to remain safe under the harshest conditions of man-packing, hauling, tossed around during loading, and cache in hostile conditions, and that the containers handle such abuse for years the military spec containers are justified. But my use, and my pockets, don't meet military requirements.