Originally Posted By: marduk
Would my metal sided outbuilding function as a Faraday Cage? It has sheet steel sides and roof. Would I need to bond the roof and sides, the doors (walkthru and vehicle) to the building. Would the rebar and rewire in the floor be enough, would I need to bond this to the walls. What size bonding conductors and how many would be needed? Realistically what current flux would I need to consider in the calculations
An EMP has an associated wavelength. Actually it will have a bunch of them, and it's the shortest that matters. The holes in your Faraday Cage need to be smaller than whatever that wavelength is. I'd expect a building to have holes that were too big, but you can't do much meaningful design without knowing the kind of EMP you are defending against.

It's probably easiest to get a smaller Cage and keep backup equipment in that. A microwave oven would probably do in a pinch, as they are well-sealed against microwave radiation. A simple metal box with a tight-fitting lid (metal-to-metal, not a water-proof rubber seal) would be good too.