Have a great trip Dagny. Traveling with a friend and another adult dog gives you and Gidget additional security as there‘s always safety in numbers. My main focus would be to have sufficient versatile clothing that is easy to layer as needed, appropriate footwear, (for me that would include my hiking boots and crocs to wear in the vehicle) water in a stainless container that could withstand using as a pot to boil water, some water purifier tabs, first aid supplies for human and canine, snacks for the people and sufficient food for the dogs if delayed for a day or two. I’d also carry my usual whistle, knife, multi-tool, headlamp, light, cell with car charger, small fire-starting kit, signal mirror, cordage, duct tape, a couple emergency blankets or bivy's and tiny battery radio. Good maps are a must for me even with GPS.

With puppies I always toss in some extra towels, a full large roll of paper towels, a bottle of the pet clean-up spray and couple of heavy duty garbage bags to stuff and secure any soiled bedding or clothing as accidents do happen with the little tikes! When traveling with puppies I also avoid stopping at rest areas as too many dogs frequent those and thus too much risk for parvo. Last winter when we went to Oregon to pick Tara up, Rex went along but we didn’t stop at rest areas even on the way down as if it got on his paws she could have been at risk.