Originally Posted By: Dagny
HYGIENE

I'm a Felix about cleanliness so have several bottles of antiseptic spray in the car. Also have a few packages of "bath-wipes" in the Element's driver and passenger doors.

I recently put a bar of soap in the car and have just begun thinking about keeping shampoo and conditioner in there. Will probably just throw my camping shower bag in the car -- includes toothbrush and toothpaste and assorted items. That's one of those things I absolutely do not want to forget when going camping. And it would enhance my morale if stranded somewhere.

I keep a small folding brush in the glove compartment.

There's much to be said for keeping some fresh undergarments in the car -- they don't take much room. Maybe some Target cheapies. Will add to my list.

Ditto on the hygiene items Dagny! I keep a small bag with travel sized bottles of shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant in my vehicle, doesn‘t take much room and could make things lots more pleasant. Hand sanitizer. wipes and travel towels are nice to have too.

For those of us that include dogs in our outdoor adventures, I highly recommend carrying some sort of skunk odor remover in your vehicle, especially during the summer and early fall. Fortunately, I’ve only had a dog skunked once and it was at home, but two friends have had this happen while out and NOT within walking distance of home. It’s probably prudent to have something on hand to at least get the odor under some sort of control prior to placing the dog back in your vehicle for the ride home! There are many products on the market as well as the homemade; peroxide, baking soda and soap recipe, which is a rather harsh concoction and caution needs to be used getting it around the face …where they normally get sprayed. Most treatments require immediate washing out afterwards, which could present a problem when away from home.

After talking to several who have used it, I carry Skunk-Off spray in my vehicle if I’m going to be out in any likely skunk area with my dogs. You can spray the dog down without rinsing it out and I’ve been told it really helps, at least until you can get home for a good warm water bath and more treatments as skunk odor is not easy to get off a dog.